Employees of The Mathews Company are deeply committed to the Nashville community and play active roles in dozens of community organizations.
Company President Bert Mathews leads by example:
- Faculty Advisor for the ULI Daniel Rose Fellowship for Public Leaders
- Former Chairman of the Nashville Area of Chamber of Commerce.
- Founding Chairman of the Nashville District Council of the Urban Land Institute.
- Past Vice Chairman of the Nashville Airport Authority and past Chairman of the Metropolitan Transit Authority.
- Member of Cumberland Region Tomorrow, Nashville Downtown Partnership and the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
- Past President and current board member of the University School of Nashville
- Past President of the Adventure Science Center.
Employees of The Mathews Company are involved in many area organizations, including:
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Greater Nashville Association of Realtors (GNAR)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Tennessee Association of Realtors (TAR)
- Tennessee State Board of Accountancy
- University School of Nashville
- Urban Land Institute